Message To Our Guests:
In unprecedented ways, COVID-19 has impacted everyone; individuals, businesses and communities. We are currently open for business and closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We are ready for swift action as we navigate through the virus life cycle. We are all going through this together on a global level. If you are traveling to Bainbridge Island, we’d like to update you on our recent actions:
- We have trained our employees about personal hygiene, social distancing techniques and have provisioned work / common areas with sanitary supplies to inhibit the spread of the virus.
- We have enhanced our procedures for safe handling, sanitizing, and cleaning of linens, soft furniture, carpets and hard surfaces.
- We ask our guests to maintain physical distancing guidelines while in our Common Areas (e.g. Lobby.)
- We now offer convenient “Grab and Go” breakfasts (to be enjoyed in your room) in accordance with recommended Social Distancing guidelines.
- We have been in constant contact with our supply chain. There are no known delays on needed supplies right now.
- Our staff breaks and lunches are being staggered. Employees are encouraged to enjoy their meals in accordance with recommended Social Distancing guidelines.
- We have equipped our staff with appropriate personal protection devices (Gloves, Glasses, etc.) and engaged in supplemental training (Proper Handwashing, Germ Hot Spots (e.g. switches, remotes.) Our supplier has provided additional safety training and Material Data Safety Sheets regarding our chemicals. Frequency of cleaning public areas and touch points (like elevators, lobbies, door handles, public washrooms has been increased.) High quality hospital-grade disinfectant and virus killing UV Lighting is being used across the hotel.
- All sanitation practices have been enhanced, with frequent robust cleaning and disinfecting of all guestrooms, equipment, public areas, shared spaces and high-touch surfaces.
We anticipate more adjustments will be made in this ever-changing environment. We continue to look to the authorities for direction and appreciate the efforts of those working on the front line. We are grateful for your patience as we make the necessary adjustments to protect the health and safety of our Guests, Staff and Suppliers.
Travel Safety Program (COVID-19)
Based on research, we have launched our Marshall Travel Safe Program. Here is our plan:
- In order to protect our guests, guestrooms will be left to rest for as long as possible before we allow a new guest to check into that room. This allows the housekeeping staff time to thoroughly sanitize surfaces and employ UV Light Technology to help clean the air.
- Housekeeping service begins after the 2nd night of your stay. To protect our staff and our guests, Housekeepers will not enter your room until the third day of your stay. For less than 3 days, as our cleanings are more intense and require more time, housekeeping will occur after your check out. Of course, fresh linens and trash pickup may be arranged at any time by touching zero for Guest Services on your guestroom phone.
- In addition, we are providing heightened cleaning procedures (that kills Coronavirus) by disinfecting and sanitizing using industry-approved products, wipes and spray, in each guest room; including guest room keys. This includes all other areas in the hotel and all items a guest might touch. Examples are Elevator buttons, doors and door handles, desks, and all items at the front desk such as pens, etc.
By taking these additional measures, rest assured we take every precaution so you can Travel Safe with The Marshall Suites.